Friday, May 21, 2010

Anyone know where a Beagle refuge center is around Memphis Tn? I found a female maybe around 3-5 years?

I found her in Millington. She was running around for about 3 weeks. She is very skittish. I finally got her in the house and gave her a bath. She was infected with ticks. I got frontline from the vets office and a tapeworm dewormer. Although I would like to keep her, I do not think she was a "family pet". I think maybe she was a hunting dog only. Her underbelly is very saggy, I think she has had several litters of puppies. If there is anyone who can help me I would appreciate it.
Answers:
Hi Sanford.
Agape Animal Rescue
P.O. Box 1647
Mt. Juliet, TN 37121

info@agaperescue.org or (Tanya Stephenson)
tanya@agaperescue.org

or

Organization - BREW- PA, MA, WV Email Contact : dogsownus@comcast.net

Organization - Grinning Beagle Rescue
Organization - Hannah's Beagle Haven Email Contact : tracydavidt@aol.com
Organization - Triangle Beagle Rescue of North Carolina Email Contact : mason@duke.edu
Organization - Pike Animal Welfare Shelter Email Contact : paws63in@yahoo.com
Organization - Alabama Animal Rescue Email Contact : aarescue@aol.com
Jason Homan
You could also post an ad at the local gun shops, or local feed stores.. Maybe you can return her to her owner?
We often find Beagles in our area during hunting season.. Then you see the hunters driving around looking for their dogs.
I am not familiar with the Memphis, Tn area, but please take her to a no-kill shelter, not animal services. 50% of animals in kill shelters are euthanized...it seems like she has already been through enough (being abandoned, having several litters of pups, etc.). If she is not aggressive, you could rehabilitate her to get her used to family life. I've worked with a lot of stray dogs, and they normally pick up on it pretty quick, anywhere between just a couple weeks to a couple of months. They just need to get comfortable with you first.
SOS Beagle Rescue:
Tennessee
2905 Walkertown Rd.
Dayton, TN 37321
(423) 570-7660

No comments:

Post a Comment