Friday, May 21, 2010

Anyone own a white golden Retriever?

i do. does ne1 else?
Answers:
Actually there are some white Golden's. They are called many things like, Angel Golden's, British creams, Snow Golden's, and Pure white Golden's.

They are all Golden Retrievers! They have been breed to be that color and there is quite a demand for them. They are also very expensive. I have recently been talking to Golden breeders from other countries and from the US and Canada as to how well accepted they are. It seems that only here in the US and in Canada that they are not yet as accepted as the more accepted color of Golden and variations of that.

So yes there are white Golden's and yes they are all Golden Retrievers. I know a few breeders who breed these Goldens and yes they are extreamly beautiful dogs.
I myself have 2 golden's, 1 of a deeper Golden and onother who is very, very light in color.
aren't they called blondes instead of white?
I have one that is a lighter golden, but not white. Pure white is not consistent with the breed standard and considered a fault, though that isn't important unless the dog is to be bred. See below.
There is no such thing as a white golden retriever youre thinking of a white shepard they look like retrievers look it up.
I own an almost white, yellow lab.
I have one he in my pant.
In Australia we call them cream, they might look white as a puppy but by the time they mature into adults at about 3yrs of age the coat gets a golden look to it. I have 3 cream Goldens %26 1 very dark golden almost red which is classed as a fault here in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment