Friday, May 21, 2010

Anyone out there have a Pekingese?

does anyone own a pekigese? i have raised and bred them but i havent had one in about a year.im so scared to get another one bc the last one i had just up and died for no reaso and im scared to get one. sumone please help me get over this fear...if u guys have anypics that would be great bc i always love to see healthy dogs that makes me not so nervouus to get one bc if you guys can raise them right and are not scared to take care of them and just have fun with them then i am happy...and it makes me more confident ..thanx you guys
Answers:
We bred pekes for a while. I must admit, it is not my favorite breed. They are really bossy little ankle- yappers toward strangers or visitors. All 7 of ours were very healthy. It's a sturdy little breed. I wouldn't be afraid to get another one due to health issues. They are usually quite healthy. Maybe your dog was just unusual and had something wrong from birth that you didn't know about? The main thing that I would suggest to any peke owner is to use a harness and never use a collar. It puts too much pressure on their eyes if they pull at a collar.
They love their owners. But they don't like strangers and they can get bossy to each other too. I especially liked their kissy-kissy attitude. The peke attitude of loving their owner is their main asset. The bossiness is a bad asset as is the shedding. Pekes always know that they own you, you never own them.
my mom had one and she loved him so much she says the dog was so obedient he lasted 12 years and i which i knew him better
I have had Pekingese since 1955. I just down sized due to family illness. But, up until a couple of months ago, I had 13 Pekingese at once in my house. They are an adorable, healthy breed, and they love their owners. They are not greatly fond of kids and strangers, some are friendly with everyone and some are not friendly at all. It all depends on their genes.
I would never be without a Pekingese in my life, they are the most adorable companions and they are very loyal.
Pekingese usual life span is anywhere from 10 years to 20 years. All depends what line they came from.
The Pekingese are prone to heart disease and back problems and eye ulcers. You do have to be careful with your Pekingese.
They require a lot of grooming, or just keep them cut down.
I have bred champions and shown quite a few of the Pekingese. I would never be without one.
Charlotte
DahLing Pekingese
Cleveland, Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment