Monday, May 24, 2010

Are corgis good pets?

we are sitting for our friends a puppy corgi who seems to be out of control.she is house broken but since she has come to stay with us for 10 days she seems to be trying to run the roust...she also after being let outside...she sits by the back door and then comes back in the house finds someones bed and goes to the bathroom in it...I have had to take all of her priveledges away and restrict her to a small bathroom because she is sooo out of control...when I did this she began to respond as if was the head of the house...so this is working but I was just wondering if any corgi owners have any advice on her temperment and why she has come to our home and started behaving like a canine juvenile deliquent...when with her owners she is seemingly well behaved...we have her untill sunday and I want to make this a good stay...any information is appreciated ...
Answers:
I love my Corgi and I think she's great. I'm sorry your having a problem with your friend's puppy. I think she misses her mommy and daddy. I can tellyou they need ALOT of exercise and companionship, so locking her in the bathroom really is only going to make it worse.
Hi,

Too bad she is taking separation from her "pack" so hard. Corgi's, even young ones, become very attached to one person, or family pack. She's is just reacting to the new situation. She probably would have been better off at a kennel for 10 days.

Restricting her, similar to staying in a kennel, is the only thing you can do. She doesn't belong to you, you could do real damage if you tried to fix any of the problems you are having. Her owners would be quite upset.

Wait it out til they come back, and if they ask you to dog sit again...tell them sorry. Be sure to explain all the wierd behavior when they return, they probably won't ask you again anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment