Friday, May 21, 2010

Are any of you biased toward particular breeds of dogs?

I gotta admit, properly bred pit bull is a darn fine family dog.

Are you more enclined to one particular breed if given free choice of them? and what would it be if you are?
Answers:
I am not biased towards any breed of dog. However, I don't like *most* of the small/miniature dog breed owners. I have a very well behaved mastiff and great dane and the tiny dog owners think it's cute when their little ankle biters attack my guys at the dog park and watch my dogs roll over and submit. Just because little dogs don't inflict deadly bites they should be trained and brought up with manners just like the rest of canine society.Thanks for letting me vent! My favorites are great big lumps of doggy happiness. I do own a pit/lab mix but she is to old for romps at the dog park-arthritis has set in
:(
I tend to favor Chow Chows, Rottweilers, Australian Cattle Dogs and Schipperkes.
Siberen huskey they dont smell very nice and some dont bark
I like them all but American Bulldogs are the best
Yep, Doberman Pinschers!
I love black labs. They are so friendly and easy going. They are eager to please you which makes them easier to train.
My favorite dog was a silky terrier
I have a boxer bulldog mix and a Shih Tzu
They are fine dogs
I need a bigger dog for my daughter
i love dogs, big and small but pit bulls scare me. before i get a billion thumbs down, our neighbors have one that constantly escapes and stands at our glass door and barks at my dogs, plus he almost bit my mom. you always hear about pits attacking ppl around here. no offense intended.

i love great danes and schnauzers...there are really too many breeds to say.
I have two mini-dachshunds. They may not be (or appear) fierce. However, what they lack in size, they make up for in noise. When mine hear a car stop outside our house, or hear the doorbell, they can sound like an entire pack of hounds!! When we arrive home and raise the garage door, they are there barking *loudly*, letting us know they are on the job!
Personally, I would not want the liability of owning a pit bull.
Yes, I do prefer golden labs. My sister has owned three of them now and they've been wonderful companions.
I love my golden retrievers, I have 3, they are easy to train, loyal and easy going, a pleasure to be around. Just be sure you have a good vacuum cleaner.
Mine is chihuahua all the way, altho I also have 2wonderful mutts as well.
After having a couple of bad experiences with certain breeds (choosing them based on their size, fur, cuteness, etc. instead of temperament) has educated us more on the best breeds for our family. Research on breeds is always a good thing. Now I know that since we have children, the best breeds are labs, golden retrievers and what we ended up with...collies.
i have a jack russell bt i also love schnauzers, foxies, french bulldogs and poms

脳脳脳
I like Rotties the best for looks and temperament
Belgian Malinois rule the working dog world. Bouviers and Dutch Shepherds come a close second.
on the flip side of what people are saying i think there is a bias towards chihuahuas. When people hear that i have one they always call him an "ankle bitter". This is totally not true. He is very calm and is very sweet to everyone. I think chi's are somewhat difficult to train and most people don't train them right, hence, some are "ankle bitters"
Just a little... I prefer a dog with a beard. Irish Terriers are awesome, just not so good around smaller dogs. Right now i have a schnauzer and an affenpinscher.
Boy did you open up a can of worms..LOL.. I love the bigger breeds because it's not so easy to trip over them (go ahead..call me clumbsy.I am.. ;) , and because they seem friendlier than the smaller breeds, that's just MY preference. I do however love all breeds, as they all are sweet in their own way. I have a Golden and a Black Lab, and both are sweethearts. And you are ABSOLUTELY right about Pits. They can be awesome family dogs, I don't care what anybody says about them.
Pit Bulls are awesome. I would never own a Chow (talk about vicious) German Shepherd (never met one I liked) Rott Wielers (haven't met one that liked me) Sharpae (I have seen one chew off his own paw in a fight, not to mention they have a gross oily stench that never goes away) Top 4 I would never own. I am a vet tech, and have had experience with these and hundreds more. Pit bulls are at the top of my list of favorites. I personally am the proud owner of Baby Raz, Zoe and Zar. All Pits rescued from a police station after being arrested for "fighting". I felt the previous owners should have been arrested themselves. It took hundreds of dollars to get my new Friends fixed, healed and healthy. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for these guys. They love me in such a gentle, caring, appreciating way. They are my blessings. My heart goes out to the thousands of newborn Pits that are put down before their eyes even open, simply because they are Pits. Stop the madness!! Don't BUY a purebred. Bless yourself with a mutt. I suggest a Pit.
Absolutely. I'm biased toward poodles! I love mine, they're so sweet and soft (as long as I keep them brushed and groomed) and smart and--this is what makes them different than other breeds--they're hypoallergenic!
I was more inclined to get a pit when I was able to get my own dog since I was raised with one. When I was able to choose my own, I kept my options open and ended up with a border collie
siberian huskies, i grew up with one and i own one now. They are brains and beauty [ take a look ]. She can keep up on my morning runs.

she is the best dog ive ever had.
Yes, mine is Chessapeake Bay Retrievers. They are extremely smart and protective. They are excellent hunters and show dogs. Ours think they are lap dogs (140 and 110 lbs.) and the pup, loves to smile at you. They have a tendency to stay a puppy longer, usually until around 2 years of age. We say that is when they grow their brains (haha). They can be very stubborn, but will be loyal til the end.
i tend to favor chihuahuas. they are so cute and small and funny. I have two already and if I had the room and money I would have more .

No comments:

Post a Comment