Monday, May 24, 2010

Are Chow Chows good dogs?

Are Chow Chows good dogs to have? I had a relative who had a chow mix and a good friend of mine who had a chow and they both said they were great, but i've heard stories that they were a mean breed of dog. I prefer to hear from owners of chows, how are they as pets? Good or bad?
Answers:
My father has been getting chow-chow dogs for as long as i can remember, and they have all been great. The one we have now is thirteen years old and she is the greatest! She hardly ever barks, she has never bitten a single person, and she is a very lovable animal. I guess that they turn out to be the way someone teaches them. If you love it and are kind to it, it will be a great dog. I really hope you decide to get one because you will not regret it!
They are good dogs. As long as they have the proper training they can make a wonderful member of the family. I think that they get a bad rap because they are known to be agressive. But really any dog can be agressive. Good Luck
depends on what you want for a dog, they are more catlike in personality often dog aggressive and very wary towards strangers and often take a bit longer to train. what you have heard about them being mean is due to the fact if not trained properly they can be very aggresive, and in shelters are normally one of the first dogs to fail the temperment test sadly
for more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/chow_chow...

but if trained properly they can make a very devoted pet
I think they are mean to friends of family. They are aggressive also.
I had a Chow Lab mix and it was the best dog I've ever owned... I also worked for a Veterinarian when I was in high school, and some of the meanest dogs in the place were the chows.. They are very loyal dogs, but not good with others. I don't recommend them if you have children or if children will be around them often.
well i ahve a chow chow and be careful mine is 5 yrs. old and we brouht him up very good and to be good but he has a temper and they can be agressive dogs. alot of groomers wont take them at all. mine doesnt like his paws touched. there alot of work and brusing all the time and need alot of attention as well. dont recomend kid dog .
Hello..well my moms family had one when they were kids, after he bit her moms finger off when she tried to come thru the front yard gate, well he was no more ...Take Care :)
They are one of my favorite breeds. I had one and she was by far the best dog I have ever known.

Like the Pit Bull they have a reputation for being aggressive but if they're treated well they are lovely animals.
yes they are wonderful pet i would prefer them any time plus they are smart and adorable
My friend's Chow is sweet, but refuses to be groomed by a professional because she doesn't know them lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment