Friday, May 21, 2010

Anyone use Revolution for heartworm prevention?

and have you ever had a bad reaction from the medicine?
Answers:
I've never seen any pet have a bad reaction to Revolution. That doesn't mean it couldn't happen, but if it did, I think it would be on RARE occasion. It's a very safe product.
Read this article this may answer your query
http://www.dogsvets.net/articles/dog_hea...

I also suggest you visit http://www.dogsvets.net and consult a vet or breed expert for free
Revolution is a great product. However my experience has been this. As it (like many others) covers a broad spectrum of parasites including heartworm, its effectiveness to combat fleas and mites decreases over time as they become immune to the dosage. My experience has been that I use one heartworm preventive that I know works and is trusted and then switch between products for the control of fleas and mites every 4-6 months. For heartworm I have for years used a good Australian product called Nuheart (www.nuheart.com). Its very effective and very economical and switch between Frontline and Advantage for the flea and mites protection.

I hope this helps. This my personal opinion only.

No comments:

Post a Comment