Wednesday, July 29, 2009

American or English lab ?

I want to know what's the difference between the American English labrador...I want to know wich one I have..
Answers:
I love labs, I happen to have one myself. The first one I got was an English Lab, the second one is an American Lab.

English Lab:heavier, thicker and blockier..they have fuller face, are larger (bone/muscle wise), and are great for hunting.

American Lab: tall and lanky.they tend to have a slimier body build, and are better for agility.

Look at the face of your lab, and compare it to googled pictures online. Hope it helps!!!
I believe an English lab has bigger bone structures and weighs more. Both are great dogs. Check out puppydogweb.com, if you want to get info on them, along with photos of the precious beasts.
There is mainly just the physical apperance difference. I never knew there was a difference until I got into Labs but it is the look. I have both. My yellow is the English style which means he has a blockier head, and he is stockier or bigger built. You would see this type in the confirmation show ring. The American style which is primarily used in the field trials is taller, leaner, and has a longer more narrow face. The Labs breeders I went to stated that they felt the American Labs have more energy due to the strong hunting lines. My female is a American "style" Lab. You can really see the difference.
Ask your question again and send a pic through a link. I'm curious to see your lab and it would be interesting to see which way people classify your lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment