Thursday, July 30, 2009

Any medicine to calm my 3.2 lb Yorkie before I go on a plane?

Anyway know of a safe thing to give my dog before we go on a plane so she don't go nuts.
Answers:
rescue remedy.I know it works on cats that I groom.Or ace promozine from your vet
They do have medication at the Vet's office they can give you for calming animals. Sometimes, you have to calm them before surgery or an exciting trip to the vet's. Ask your vet the next time you go in, or give them a call, and find out what their suggestions would be. I'm not sure of the exact type or doseage of medication, but I do know they have mild medications that can help ease a dog's nerves. Good luck!
You need a health certificate from the vet to fly your dog so ask the vet what he/she thinks is best. BTW don't think you can fly without a health certificate just because the dog is on board with you, you still need one!!!!!!11
Buy some over the counter benedryl or generic allergic med containing 25 mg of diphenhydramine HCl.
Dosage for that weight would be no more than half a pill. A third would be better if you can cut it with a sharp knife.
This has been recommended to be by 2 of my vets to use as a mile tranquilizer for dogs.
I agree with the rescue remedy. Not to mention drugging animals for flight is not allowed and dangerous. Rescue Remedy is all natural. Some dogs react different to it though so be sure to tr it out a few times prior to the flight. I have known dogs to become much more calm with Remedy and some to be worse.
rescue remedy or pet ease you can buy pet ease at petsmart its less than 5 dollars for two pills
Try Quiet Moments you can get it at Petsmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment