Thursday, July 30, 2009

Any home made good recipes for my lovely German Shepherd?what can i feed her beside her dry food friskiest?

I want to know if anyone can help me in some homemade food that are rich in vitamines ,she likes chicken too much that once she stole one lol but i know that's not good for her life is so exp. here in my country so please can any one help!!!!?
Answers:
dogs tend to LOVE lamb chops
try the dry meal of bakers they come in different flavours ie,,,chicken,,beef,,,lamb,, failing that buy fish cod or plaice,,minced beef,,,chicken,,cook it and mix with liver and rice perfect for any g s d i should know my g s d wont eat anything else,,,,,,,,,
My mom had a dog that was alergic to the wheat in commercially available dog foods. For about 4 years, the dog ate a combination of rice, chicken, pork, and veggies. She used brown rice, as it is better for them. A small amount of chicken and pork, along with carrots, peas, broccoli, and whatever other veggies she had. She added salt,pepper, and garlic to it. The dogs loved it! It smelled good enough to eat, though I couldn't bring myself to try it. When the dog got older, she started crusing vitamin tablets (special ones for dogs) over it when she fed them for added nutrition. If you choose to try something like this, just keep in mind that it must be refrigerated. You cook all of the food like you would for yourself, and stir it together. It can be frozen for months, but is good in the fridge only for 5-7 days.
Hi there. I have 2 German Shepard's and apart from dry biscuits they get boiled rice or pasta shells and you add any kind of vegetables except onions as they can kill dogs !! You can also get some Lamb flaps Raw never ever give your dog cooked bones. Also as you said that he loves chicken you can get the necks or the carcasses,as there the cheapest if he is fussy at first make up some gravy to add to this home made dinner . Wish you well with this
Regards
Susan
I was actually just talking about this with my Girlfriend. I have 2 german shepherds, one is 6 months and the other 4+ years. The key to getting them happy is to continue to keep changing what they eat, but at the same time, keep it the same. What do I mean? Do I sound like I am talking in a riddle? Ok, here is the deal. German Shepherds should be fed twice a day because of bloat. Also, it helps keep down any dominates issues if you control the time allowed to eat, meaning, that they have no more than 30 minutes from the time the food is put down to finish eating, after that, it gets picked up, and they are not allowed to eat again untilthe next feeding time. Now, using just normal dry food, this will not happen unless they are extremely hungry after a long walk. So here is what i do. I will mix things in. I will boil a couple pieces of chicken, untill it is falling off the bone, then cut it up and added it to the dry food. Also, I would add a can food, I use Kibbles and Bits canned food here in the States. Also, I use vegitable oil, just a cap full will do you, or one large egg, or cat food, or what I actually just fed my dogs, a can of tuna. Now you have to remember that to much tuna is bad for them because they can not digest alot of oil, but at the same time the oil is good for their coat. So, maybe one or two cans a week. You can try other meat products to. The key is, something sticky. Dogs eat based on their sense of smell. The stronger the smell, the more they are likely to devoure it in a few seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment