Thursday, July 30, 2009

Any nice name's for a girl border collie pup?


Answers:
For bc's you need something that can be shortened to a quick call, they will whirl back and be looking for instructions before you can finish a long name:
Gyp/ Gypsy
Nik/Nikki
Blaze
Pip/ Pippi
Nell, Zen. You get the idea.
Also a fav, action names:
Zip, Zing, Flash, Flip, etc.
p.s. I have had my own bc since I was a 9 y.o. (almost 3 decades of bc partnership). One syllable names are fine for this breed!
And by the way, their name IS a command! It means "LOOK AT ME I'm speaking to YOU! and telling you what to do next .
Hope you are ready for the ride, lol! The number one rule, don't let her train you! Be on your toes at all time! Second, give her a job!!
Poppy
peaches...
Cara
Callie
Cally
Pippa
Nigella
How about Jasmine with a nickname of Jazzy. She'll be really rambunctious. You have Jazz in your avatar name so she may be named after you or a love of yours.
I have a boy border colled named Marley...how about Myla?
Autumn.
jessie jones
Freya, Sheri, Sky, Bracken.
fluffy wuffy squiggle puppy

or

sasha
I like strong names.. :]

Scout
Skyler
Brooke
Zoe

Oh, I like reene's choices!
Hi
I have a boarder collie puppy he is 15 weeks, well 16 weeks tomorrow. I named mine Kiedis, only cause iI'm mad about Red Hot Chili Peppers and its the lead singers surname.
Other names are:
Shep
Drogba (hubby likes)
Lucky (son likes)
Bud
Its hard to find the right name for a puppy.
Good luck
Sienna
Pipi
Flicka
Brita
Cassy
Amber
Bella
Sable
bess
Bella, meaning beautiful.
Hi,
How about Missy.xx
bonnie
shannon
shelby
roxy
tess
jess
honey
the name should be simple and sharp so they can hear their name being called when in traffic,parks or amongst other yapping dogs very important when training these very smart border collie pups try coooeee GIRL and empathise the girl at the end in a bit higher tone she will reconagise this call for miles very handy when dogs are lost..ok all the best love your dog and she will be at your side for years to come...
I have always liked Chelsea or Claire. They are just so feminine and kinda old fashioned names. I have a pit/Shar-pei mix that i got at 4 weeks. I always say she's a Shar-Pit. Poor 'lil thing was rescued out of a drug lab trailer! They had the article about the bust in the paper and mentioned the pups would probably be put down. That's why I took her at such a young age. Point of this story is... She was soooo tiny! 1.6 lbs when I first got her and took her straight, of course, to the vet for fleas, malnutrition and vacs.I work at a cattle ranch. It was Feb. and cold so I put her in my coat pocket and took her out to work everyday on my horse. She wasn't no bigger than a Minnit! Her name is Minnit. And let me tell ya. She's the best dog and the best friend I've ever had. And I've had a lot. So I guess my real answer for you is to get yer sweet pup, and you'll figure out what her name is. It kinda just happens by itself. Lucky you, and lucky pup! Long life and lots of love for you both.

Peace,
Laurie %26 Minnit
my dogs called Sadie it is hebrew for princess
"kennel name" four on the floor = registered name

call her QUADDY
Ellie
Astra
Pippa
sky
pick her name from her personality, markings, something that you like (I'd recommend the first 2 as better options)
nell.
i like the name Ruby
Jennifer
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment