Friday, July 31, 2009

Anyone been through this experience??

went to the vet this morning for my dogs second check up. looks like the stone that was in her kidneys is now in her bladder. she is on antibiotics. anyone been through this??
Answers:
Sorry, I haven't. I hope she's ok. Keep us updated on her progress. :-)
Not with an animal, but I've had kidney stones. When it eventually starts trying to work its way out, she will probably be in some pain (depending on the size of the stone). Usually if it's a small stone it will pass, but there may be discomfort and possibly some blood in the urine. If the stone is too large to pass then she will not be able to urinate and she'll be in a LOT of pain. In that case she will probably require surgery.

Poor pup! Hopefully she'll be okay. Just stay in touch with your vet, and if she's not urinating, don't wait. Get her to the vet!
no i havent but i hope for the best for her

1 comment:

  1. i will keep your dogs in my prayers that she gets better soon i know if anything ever happened to my chi i would be lost she is the most important thing in my life.

    ReplyDelete